Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Roman Arrival

I have arrived in Roma and it is already so much more than I expected!! I am completely in love with this city and the new world which surrounds me. I had no issues traveling and have settled into my B&B in Vatican City. I woke this morning and took a short walk to St. Peters where the Pope was giving his weekly address. I literally walked a block and a half and BOOM- there is Pope Francis on the big screen right in front of me. Incredible. The B&B owners David and Anita are going out of their way to make me feel at home and Anita is so sincere, lovely and helpful. I met beautiful Katherine this morning and am at her place right now. We had lunch this afternoon and I love her to pieces. I am so blessed to have two dear and kind friends here to help me navigate this new life. I will meet my new bosses, aka the Sisters this Friday.  Below are a few photos of my room- it is adorable and the AC is helpful as it is HOT and humid here! I do regret not packing more summer clothes...By the way, after learning Condor Air was going to charge me 300 euro to check two bags, I did the most epic pack job of the century (at least by my standards) and managed to get all of my things into one carry on and one checked bag...let's be honest though, I will be buying 300 euro worth of clothes while here, so it was good I saved the space : ) 






2 comments:

  1. Dude!! The drapes and bed spread look purple!! It's like you're home :) - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIGHT!?!?!?!??!?!? I said the exact same thing to Anita- she somehow knew I love purple ; )

    ReplyDelete