Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tea Time!

This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure of dining with SPU President Emeritus Eaton and his beautiful wife, Sharon while they are here in Roma. A good mutual friend put us in contact and we had a delicious lunch and tea at Babington's Tea Room, next to the Spanish Steps. President and Mrs. Eaton are both so sincere, intelligent, kind, gracious and wonderful. I felt like a sponge, soaking up all they had to say, not only on the topic of higher education, but that of faith, Italy, the Church, Phoenix and life in general. They were very interested in my work at the convent and it was so fun to tell them about my Roman experiences thus far. I was honored they would take time out of their schedule to lunch with me and it was truly one of the highlights of my time here in Roma. Unfortunately, I was too enthralled in our conversation to ask for a photo! Thank you, Dr. and Mrs. Eaton for your support, encouragement, generosity and a fantastic few hours of friendship! I look forward to seeing you both again soon! 

1 comment: