Friday, November 21, 2014

Five Towns

I visited all five of the Cinque Terre towns on Thursday and I now know why this place is so hyped. It was simply magical!! By far the coolest place I have been on my European journey. I realize I say that about most places I go : ) but truly, Cinque Terre was absolutely sensational. I knew it was my kinda place when as I was ordering breakfast at 10am, the locals were already drinking wine ; ) I mean, hello- what is not to love about that?!?! It was the PERFECT day- around 70 degrees and I had the chance to hike to a few of the towns instead of taking the regional train, which was the best and most intense workout of my life. The fact that I was in Ugg boots and lugging around a 13lb purse only made this trek easier, right?! Good thing I was prepared, lol. There is not a whole lot to do in each town, they mainly consist of hotels, churches, bars, restaurants, tourist shops and such, but the scenery is by far the most exquisite attraction and the parks and beach leave little time for much else. I am glad I was able to visit in the off season, there is no doubt the towns must be jammed packed during the summer months (not many tourists were there on Thursday). I am so thrilled I had the chance to experience this unique area of Italy and the day ended with a breathtaking sunset. I continue to be amazed and humbled by God's glorious creation, which is so beyond any picture I could take or description I could write. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment